GSA’s 8(a) STARS III GWAC is now designated as a Best-in-Class contract vehicle by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB).
8(a) STARS III is a small business set-aside GWAC that provides flexible access to customized IT solutions from a large, diverse pool of 8(a) industry partners. This next-generation GWAC builds upon the framework of 8(a) STARS II and expands capabilities for emerging technologies and outside the continental United States (OCONUS) requirements.
- The 8(a) STARS III GWAC ordering period is a five-year base with one three-year option. This ordering period began on July 2, 2021.
- The ceiling for 8(a) STARS III is $50 billion.
- 8(a) STARS III allows for fixed price, time and materials, labor-hour or a hybrid blend of these task order types.
- The contract access fee for the 8(a) STARS III GWAC is .75%, the same as GSA Schedules.
The contract includes two sub-areas, one for emerging technology and one for OCONUS
- Data Management
- Information and Communications Technology
- IT Operations and Maintenance
- IT Security / IT workforce augmentation
- Software Development
- Systems Design
Sub-Area 1: Emerging Technology-Focused IT Services
Sub-Area 2: IT Services performed outside of CONUS
Click here to read more info about STARS III.