Washington, DC (August 31, 2021) – Arlo Solutions CEO Lonye Ford and President Arlene Wube participated in a career panel as part of UrbanPromise’s StreetLeader training session.
Lonye and Arlene shared their experiences as business and technology leaders and discussed the evolution of their careers with a group of teenagers from Camden, NJ-based nonprofit, UrbanPromise.
“I’ve always felt that education is one of the most impactful gifts we can give to our youth to improve their lives and ultimately improve our world,” said Arlene. “I’ve been working with UrbanPromise since my youth and now I have a chance to pay it forward and share their mission with the Arlo team. It was moving to collaborate with Lonye and UrbanPromise on this inspiring event.”
UrbanPromise’s mission is to equip Camden’s children and young adults with the skills necessary for academic achievement, life management, spiritual growth, and Christian leadership. Participating children and teens are encouraged to focus on their studies and achieve academically. Of the nonprofit’s high school graduates, 89% transition to college or a vocational training program. Through a myriad of neighborhood-based programs, UrbanPromise educates and empowers approximately 700 Camden children and teens each year.
- Arlo Solutions Ranks #3 on Washington Technology Fast 50 October 22, 2021
- Arlo Solutions Wins Moxie Award October 14, 2021
- Lonye Ford Named to RealLIST Engineers 2021 October 13, 2021
- Arlo Solutions Announces Commitment as Cybersecurity Awareness Month Cyber Champion October 1, 2021
- Arlo Solutions Leaders Participate in Urbanpromise Youth Leadership Event August 31, 2021